Sunday, December 17, 2006

We- Iranians

A jewish friend has written this to me:

"My point is, I believe the majority of the Iranian people, no matter their religion, yearn to be free of their governing theocracy... they yearn to have free access to cup-of-coffee jokes, including ones from all points of view... in my inner heart, I even think most, or at least many, could learn to accept Jews in their midst, as they did once, and would grasp a live-and-let-live philosophy if it meant peace for themselves and their unborn children.Am I right?".

Well, I can't say that's all true or wrong for all Iranian population; consider that we are speaking about 70 millions.

Iranians are mostly religious. It means that they believe in some kind of faith. Atheists like me or the people who for some reason don't feel any relationships with the heavens are a small minority. In this regard, we resemble Americans rather than Europeans. But something is for sure; as the society goes on and the development pushes forward, the depth of it and the vastness of it is reducing. At the same time we are not like Arab countries, religion although being so important in life is not interwoven in all parts of our being. I mean, we have nationality which is different from religion. Despite Arab fellows, our most important national feast is just national. All the attempts done by Iranian regime to bind it in a way to Islam have doomed.

The feeling about the regime: well, that's not easy to answer too. The people are so dissatisfied with it but it doesn't mean that they are just on the verge of a revolution against it. As you see, most of Iranians have picked a peaceful way for changes. Yes, it is partly because they are fed with bloodshed and harshness, but it is also because the people find the peaceful way, a far more feasible way for change. And of course one reason for doing so is lack of organizations. The people don't know how to get to their objectives. There is no leader, no union, no syndicate. So, the scattered people just try to survive in a way that they find applicable.

Relationship with others: Ah, that's such a sophisticated thing to discuss about. This friend of us writes about Jewish people and Iranians' feelings about them. Hey my friend, we have no problem with Jewish people. At least not more than what we have among ourselves. Iran is a multi-ethnic country. Inside the country and among ourselves, you should see how we are proud of what we are (in a stupid way), assume ourselves better and superior than others (again in a very stupid manner) and make jokes about others. We have jokes about a part of the nation to be always 'stupid', another part to be 'homo', another part to be loose when it comes to consider sex ( these men are said to be always easy when their wives goes with other men), another part to be stingy and etc. So, if there is any mockery, it is not because of hatred or something; may be it's because our life is so tough and we are sick of being always serious. It's may be because we need fun.

Conclusion:

Making a CNN type picture about Iran is totally wrong. It takes you nowhere. This country is so big, has a huge population and has deep roots in history. The people are different in many ways. They are similar in other ways. They are changing at the same time. They can be classified in some categories when at the same time, it is so naïve if we do that. We are learning. We are changing. I don't mean in a good way, sometimes we are losing good characteristics. Well, anyway, we need to be studied and looked upon carefully. Don't try to simplify us.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear friends: IF YOU WISH TO STOP HILLARY FROM ATTACKING IRAN SUPPORT JACK SHEPARD AND HELP GET PUBLICITY ALL OVER THE WHOLE!

I just heard about you or I would have been in contact months ago.

I need an invite to speak at Tehran University http://www.jackshepardforpresident.com/files/syria.htm that will give me international importance, can you help me with that, I have had only 3 tourist Iranian visas to go you Iran in the last 3 years. Thanks Jack

Subject: GETTING JACK SHEPARD ON AS MANY PRESIDENTIAL BALLOT AS POSSIBLE

I need petition signed most are between 500 and 1000 name I can check the Secretary of States web sites and we if you wish to help have to get it together fast. I can Paid the filling fees tell me what states you are strong in and I or we can see how many signature we need to get on the presidential ballot.

I am Jack Shepard I am a candidate for the Republican Nomination for President .My Federal Election Commission Page is http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?P80004021

My presidential wed site is www.jackshepardforpresident.com
My email is shepardj@shepardjack.191.it
I an based out of Rome, Italy temporarily presently so my cell is 39/335491709 or 39/ 3339061799 and my fax is 39/0650933307

You can read many article published by mostly from the Syrian times about my concerns for Middle East peace and why Iran and Syrian must be included in all future Middle Peace efforts if we are ever going to have peace in the Middle East.

Just hours ago, my application to be listed on the first US Presidential Primary was delivered to the New Hampshire Secretary of States office. I just got listed on the New Hampshire Presidential primary they will later in the day start posting names. http://www.sos.nh.gov/

I just returned from Tehran 2 weeks ago. http://www.jackshepardforpresident.com/files/Accra.htm

I am running against Aipac.org and the total control Aipac.org has over our American Middle East Policy. The control that Aipac.org has by either buying or blackmailed almost every American politician to be unfairly bias toward anything that Israel does has gotten American in very much trouble and almost completely ruined American reputation worldwide.

The American media and Hillary Clinton are only talking about their plans to use a military attack on Iran, http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=B8gHmJUa720 & http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=vwV6O5AGKyw even nuclear bunker buster bombs to attack Iranian peaceful nuclear program.

My program for turning a page and starting a new relationship of respect and trust with Iran and America. If elected president I will open direct dialogue with respect and reopen our American Embassy in Tehran and personally welcome the new Iranian Ambassador to Washington.

Top of my web site says:


AS President of the United States I would immediate extend full diplomatic relations with every country in the world; especially with Iran. Only through Direct Dialogue with Iran will our mission in Iraq be successful enabling our troops to come home preventing a Major World War in the Middle East in the Very Near Future


The Aipac.org (the Israeli Lobby) control is so strong that the American Politicians http://www.jackshepardforpresident.com/Part1part2.html can not stand up and say one word against any of the crimes the Israeli Military does toward the Palestinian people or more recently the Lebanon’s people. Dropping 300,000,000 cluster n bombs on Beirut without a word for example from one American politician.

I need your help to help me get my name, Jack Shepard on as many State Presidential Primary elections by helping with having petitions signed where required and maybe some small donation just to pay the filing fees. I have not asked for any donations really so far, I have self funded myself for over $30,000 of my own money and this quarter I received $500.00 from a few supporters. I need petition signed most are between 500 and 1000 name I can check the Secretary of States web sites and we if you wish to help have to get it together fast. I can Paid the filling fees tell me what states you are strong in and I or we can see how many signature we need to get on the presidential ballot.

For me it is the message that is important it is the message; that is important. The American media is so unfair to Arab’s in general and especially Iranian and Syrians. So As a Presidential Candidate if I get on as many states Republican Primary for president as possible they will have to print what I say, how unjust the treatment of the Palestinian people is and the unfair American Bias for Israel in the Israel- Palestine conflict was on of the causes of the 9/11 on page 147 or 9/11 report I say it on

I PRAY Allah has it written that we x can help end the murdering and killing of poor Arab Men, women, and children by the iDF and I am on record of creating the state of Palestine in the first 100daysd of taking office.

May Allah Bless you,

Dr. Jack Shepard, most important thing the republicans do not have a strong candidate so the real choice of the republican Nomination for president will be made in Sept1-4, 2008 at the republican National Convention so we just have to make a good showing in these primaries we do not have to win them

 

Post a Comment

<< Home