Sunday, July 16, 2006

PEACE vs WAR


Israel has taken all the Lebanese people hostage to impose on them what she demands: eliminating her uncompromising enemy, Hizbollah. The same, they demand from Palestinians; to stop and to quit Hamas. So far, the Lebanese people haven't listened to the southern troublesome neighbor and well, they are paying the price. Yesterday, Israeli air force raided the northern city of Tripoli and the number of the human loss increased to 134. It's the 'far-consequence' Olmert had promised retaliating the missiles targeting Haifa.
Amid all the crazy angry shouts for revenge in Israel, still there is sanity demanding Peace. Yesterday, Gush Shalom held a peace rally in Tel Aviv. So courageous they are. I read Israeli comments here and there (on Arab blogs mostly) and my blood freezes of seeing their arrogance and hatred. They believe in twisted version of realities. They consider themselves victims of bloodthirsty Arabs and believe that all the world including UN and EU is against this Holocaut survived nation.
I hope peace-lovers' voice could get stronger and louder.

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Saroona said...

Hi, Laila, I found your blog by reading a comment you published on Perpetual Refugee's site. You sure have a point, Laila, I admire your courage. I was also left speechless by the comments I found on some Arab blogs I read...

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Laila said...

Ahlan to you Sarah,
Thanks for coming and commenting.
Yes, what going on in your country is really sad. I can't believe how within one day the peace was pushed back by the raging war. 200 casulties within 6 days; it is horrible.
Not only for Lebanese people, I also am in horror for the rest of the people in the region. If this lasts long, no one can predict the future.
And amid this bloodshed, reading the arrogant comments of some Israelis telling Lebanese what they 'should' do or how they can survive, is bothering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home